These ending chapters of 2 Nephi are so clear to me. I love the way that Nephi writes so clearly. I love how it is explained to us that God speaks to us in a language that we can understand. At this very moment, I understand and am more in tune that I ever have been. 2 Nephi 31 is glorious. I understand the following:
- We must repent of our sins
- We must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, for if he, a perfected man needs to be baptized, then so must we.
- We must be given the gift of the Holy Ghost (baptized by fire)
- We must follow Jesus Christ in all things, with a full purpose of heart
- We must take upon us the name of Jesus Christ (which is a covenant of baptism)
- We must endure to the end… we hear this a lot as LDS members, but we have got to do it. We must bear the pains and afflictions in this life with an eye on Christ, we must stay on that straight and narrow path (symbolism) that leads to eternal life. We must “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.”
- We must NOT ever deny Jesus Christ
This sums up the chapter pretty tidy for me, and so I will leave it at this. I pray all is well in your day and family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.