Mormon 7 is a fantastic chapter for doctrine and principle. Wow!
Every single verse has something… read and learn. Mormon is not asking questions in this chapter, he is making statements, and I hear them loud and clear. Here is a bullet point list of what he is telling us that are eternal truths and laws:
- God will give us Mormon’s words
- We are of the house of Israel
- We must come unto repentance to be saved
- We must not war one with another
- We must learn of our fathers
- We must repent of our sin and iniquity
- We must believe in Jesus Christ and that he is the Son of God
- We must believe that Jesus Christ was slain by the Jews
- We must believe that Jesus Christ arose from the grave and that through his death, the sting of death is swallowed up
- We must know that Jesus Christ brings to pass the resurrection of the dead so that all can stand before the judgement-seat
- We must know that Jesus Christ brings to pass the redemption of the world and that at judgment day those that are righteous will dwell int he presence of God
- We need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ
- We need to receive the Holy Ghost
- If we believe the words of the Bible, we should believe also the words in the Book of Mormon and vice versa
- If we follow these instructions, at the last day, the day of judgment, all will be well with us in that day.
What a straight forward chapter written by Mormon. A fantastic and to the point, “live like this” message. I do love the words written for us in this day in the Book of Mormon, by the hands of many prophets.
I leave these truths with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.